eggplant pizza with goat cheese, basil, and mozzarella
“We need to do this every week!”
Reader, I wholeheartedly agree. I’m notorious for asking, “What would change?” every time I cook for someone. Tonight? In rare form, no changes
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 packet fast rise yeast
- 1 1/2 cup water, 110 degrees
- 2 T olive oil; 2 T olive oil
- 6 T corn meal
The How To:
- Mix all ingredients together (only 2 T olive oil). Add flour if mixture is too wet (we ended up adding about 4 T more flour this time); add water if too dry.
- In a separate clean bowl, coat with 2 T of oil. Throw in your dough ball, roll it around, cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Let sit at least 90 minutes. We let it sit for four hours.
- When you’re ready to make your pizza, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Separate dough into equal portions. Put flour down on your counter top and roll to the thinness you desire.
- Prep your pan by adding about 1-2 T corn meal per pan. Add the dough to the pan and let sit at least 15 minutes before adding ingredients.
- Add whatever you want!
- Bake for about 12 minutes. Keep peeking in the oven and when it looks the way you want it to, it’s done.
We made a couple different versions.
Trenton James added pineapple, pepperoni, mozzarella, garlic powder, oregano, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes to his.
Brandon added pepperoni, mozzarella, garlic powder, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes to his.
I added mozzarella, goat cheese, roasted eggplant, and fresh basil to mine.