steelhead trout // yellow and green squash // garlic // blueberries // grapefruit // tomatoes // ginger // chives
I love how orange foods always pair together so beautifully. This dish is no exception.
- 4 four oz steelhead trout fillets, skin removed
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 green zucchini
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 grapefruit, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 T sea salt flakes
- 1/2 T black pepper powder
- 1/2 T ground ginger
- 1 handful fresh chives
- 2 T EVOO
The How To:
- This is the easiest recipe ever. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Add 1 T of EVOO to the bottom of a cast iron pan. Using a mandolin, slice the squash and place in the pan. I layered mine in a circle, but as you can see, it doesn’t matter because I completely covered it with other goodness.
- Add your steelhead trout fillets on top of the squash.
- Add your fruits and vegetables to the pan, being careful not to cover the trout.
- Use the remaining olive oil to splash over the top of everything. Season with salt, pepper, and ginger.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until veggies are cooked to your liking. Top with fresh chives.