This cloudy mashup mimics the outside storm. A morning breakfast mix of egg drop soup, Tom Yum, and ramen. It’s not beautiful, but it sure is delicious.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Ramen noodles
- 3-4 small portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- Zest from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
The How To:
- Add broth and lemongrass to a medium saucepan and heat over medium and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook until tender. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add your mushroom slices and black pepper powder.
- In a separate bowl, scramble your two eggs. In one hand, use a spoon to circle your soup mixture. You want the mix to move in a circular motion around and around the pan. With your other hand, slowly pour in the egg mixture so it forms circular ribbons around your soup. Once the eggs are in, remove from heat.
- Remove lemongrass. Stir in lime zest, bean sprouts, and green onion.
- Serve warm!