At 1158 this morning I realized I hadn’t left my home office chair since 0622. So, I refilled my coffee and whipped up this goodness for brunch.
Who says you can’t brunch while working from home?
- About 3 pieces of leftover brisket from Slow roasted peppery brisket, sweet corn with butter and sea salt
- Bagel of your choice (I love sesame but could only find plain at LIDL)
- 2 T cream cheese
- 1 chive, green parts, chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and coarse black pepper to taste
The How To:
- Thinly slice your brisket and sear quickly on a skillet—you’re only looking for the fat to melt again. Remove and let sit on paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Mix chopped chives in with cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast your bagel.
- Cook egg on the brisket pan until over medium (whites cooked, yolk runny).
- Serve by schmearing chive cream cheese on bottom half of bagel. Top with brisket slices, then egg. Cut in half and watch the yolk pop! This would also be great with a salted tomato slice right on top.