salmon, vidalia onion, julienned orange and red peppers, bok choy greens, lemon, shredded toasted coconut, orange hoisin glaze
- 2 lbs Chilean salmon, skin on (use whatever salmon you like)
- 1/4 vidalia onion
- 2 baby peppers
- 3 bok choy stalk tops
- 1 T shredded toasted coconut
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/2 T dijon mustard
- 1/2 T hoisin sauce
- 1/2 T soy sauce
- 1 T brown sugar
- 2 T orange juice
The How To:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and prep a baking sheet with a baking mat.
- Place your salmon skin side down on the mat.
- Julienne your veggies and toss with 1/2 T olive oil, season with sea salt and pepper.
- Place the veggies on either side of the salmon. Split the coconut evenly, and sprinkle on the veggies.
- Mix your last five ingredients together to make your sauce. Using a brush, glaze the salmon. Place sliced lemon on the salmon.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until medium and flakey. I removed ours about 5 minutes into the bake and glazed again.
- Serve with cous cous and freshly brewed iced tea!
So, what’s it cost?
- 2 lbs salmon: $14.00
- 1/4 vidalia onion: $.16
- 2 baby peppers: $.10
- 3 bok choy stalk tops: garden grown
- 1 T shredded toasted coconut: leftover from Easter cake
- 1/2 T olive oil: $.10
- 1/2 T dijon mustard: $.10
- 1/2 T hoisin sauce: $.10
- 1/2 T soy sauce: $.10
- 1 T brown sugar: $.10
- 2 T orange juice: $.10
So, total cost is $14.86, so $4.95/person.