the perfect Maryland crab cake
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb crab meat (I used 1 can jumbo lump and 1 can legs)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup mayo (Duke’s!)
- 2 1/2 T Dijon mustard
- 3-4 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
The How To:
- Mix everything but the crab together in a bowl.
- Gently fold in crab meat.
- Refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Using 1/2 cup measure, cup mixture loosely on to baking sheet with baking mat, lightly sprayed with nonstick spray. Gently form without squishing. You should have six mounds.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until light brown. Don’t overcook!
We served these, two per person, alongside some sautéed corn and a baked potato. A very yellow dish!