Chai tea dutch baby topped with blueberries, mint, and lemon whipped cream
We gardened all day and were absolutely exhausted when we rolled in the house a little after 1900. So, today’s recipe is the only real meal we had: brunch.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup ROOM TEMPERATURE whole milk or whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 3 T sugar (we used 1 T truvia)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 T Trader Joe’s chai mix
- pinch of salt
- 4 T melted butter
- 1/2 of your favorite fresh berries
- 8 mint leaves
- 1/4 lemon
The How To:
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Heat a cast iron pan on medium heat with two tablespoons of your melted butter until it gets frothy.
- In a blender, mix your eggs and milk until frothy. Add all other ingredients and blend again.
- Add the batter to the cast iron and bake for 18 minutes.
- While the pancake is baking, make your whipped cream in a blender by mixing whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Zest 1/4 lemon into the whipped cream and pulse one more time.
- Serve with berries, mint, and whipped cream.
So, what’s it cost?
- 1 cup flour: $.10
- 1 cup ROOM TEMPERATURE whole milk or whipping cream: $.56
- 4 eggs: $.64
- 3 T sugar (we used 1 T truvia): $.10
- 1 tsp vanilla: $.10
- 1 T Trader Joe’s chai mix: $.10
- pinch of salt: $.40
- 4 T melted butter: $.50
- 1/2 of your favorite fresh berries: from the garden
- 8 mint leaves: from the garden
- 1/4 lemon: $.10
Total cost is $2.60, or $.87/person